[NFBWATLK] HB 1706 victory

Kaye Kipp kkipp123 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 04:53:56 UTC 2019

That's great news!!

Kaye

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBWATLK [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marci
Carpenter via NFBWATLK
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 9:52 PM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List' List <nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Marci Carpenter <mjc59 at comcast.net>
Subject: [NFBWATLK] HB 1706 victory

I wanted to let everyone know that HB 1706 made it through both the state
house and senate. The version of the bill that passed states that no
Washington state government entity may pay disabled workers less than
minimum-wage. This includes some state run institutions that currently pay
residence subminimum wages. This was a compromise bill and we will be back
next year to complete the process. The governor has until May 20 to sign the
bill, but unless he actively vetoes it it will become law regardless of
whether he signs it or not.

Thank you again to everyone who helped in getting this passed.

Sent from Marci's iPhone