[NFBWATLK] Compensated Research Study Opportunity at the University of Washington

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 23:23:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

I’m passing this study announcement on for other researchers.

Cindy

Accessible Calculator Research Study

We are recruiting adults who are blind or visually impaired and typically use screen readers for a research study at the University of Washington.

We're testing a new accessible calculator app, which uses gestures instead of a virtual keyboard for input.

We seek to compare this new calculator application to a more traditional mobile app calculator. During the study, we will measure input speed and accuracy, and collect your feedback and suggestions. Our findings will be submitted for academic publication and shared with the app's creators to improve its design.

You will be compensated $20 per session for three one-hour sessions held at the University of Washington campus or elsewhere in the greater Seattle region, and an additional $20 for completing all three sessions. Travel reimbursement is available. Please fill out this  <https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/leahperl/370096> form if you'd like to participate.

You may contact Leah Perlmutter at  <mailto:leahperl at uw.edu> leahperl at uw.edu or 419-480-7251 if you have any questions.

Please forward this announcement to any eligible participants or appropriate mailing lists.