[nfbwatlk] Airline Discrimination Incident

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Apr 7 19:59:57 UTC 2015

Arielle:

I'm afraid you'd be surprised and chagrined by how many blind persons
*would* just wait, expecting airline personnel to come and get them.
Obviously, this makes no sense to us. But not every blind person in this
country has heard the gospel of NFB philosophy and I'd bet the airlines
would be scared silly of lawsuits arising from alleged lack of
responsiveness of air crew during an emergency.

I can tell you that *I* won't wait for evacuation help and I didn't wait
during drills at work, either. Very few at work got out of the building
before I did.

We've got education work to do!

Mike