[nfbwatlk] FW: An Important Message from Perkins

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Tue Nov 26 01:29:21 UTC 2013

For my new book go to:

 <http://www.TheresMoreThanOneWay.com> www.TheresMoreThanOneWay.com

curious about thirty-one? Go to:

www.LettingTheCatOutOfTheBag.com

From: Frederic M. Clifford, Chairman [mailto:Get-Involved at Perkins.org]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 10:58 AM
To: lauren1 at catliness.com
Subject: An Important Message from Perkins

An Important Message from Perkins
 <http://support.perkins.org/site/R?i=0p0LfeSeJWzF2cDqBvloUg> View this
email as a webpage.

 <http://support.perkins.org/site/R?i=IcbHy1cq8z27eyHTUXFL7A> Image removed
by sender. Logo: Perkins

A Message from Frederic M. Clifford
Chairman, Perkins Board of Trustees

Image removed by sender. Image. Line break between paragraphs.

Dear Perkins community,

Since my last correspondence to you over the summer, the search committee
has been working hard to find the next CEO of Perkins. We are pleased to
present the finalized position description, which itself is the culmination
of a great many meetings among the search committee, and which includes
input from members of the Perkins community.
<http://support.perkins.org/site/R?i=CIdqe4ITVuTuK6XEO1TKJg> Available here,
the description reflects the work of our board over the past several years
to more formally articulate the Perkins of today and its blueprint for
tomorrow.

To help us identify the best candidates, we hired one of the nation's top
search firms Witt/Kieffer. While the details of our search must remain
confidential, I can report that things are going very well and that there is
strong interest in the position.

The new CEO will need to be ready to lead in this time of unprecedented
growth for Perkins. The premier organization in its field, Perkins is poised
to broaden, deepen and refine its important work. Over the last decade, we
have dramatically increased the number of those we serve throughout the
world, expanded our spectrum of products and services, completed a capital
campaign and strengthened our governance - to name just a few successes.
Thanks to the strength of our school and extensive education programs,
Perkins has been able to grow its services out into additional lines of
business, which we expect to increase in impact under our next leader.

As a result of this hard work, the organization is poised to attract the
best of the best, and we are confident that we will find a leader ready to
usher Perkins into its greatest era of impact yet. The odds are in our
favor. Perkins is viewed as an attractive opportunity, particularly given
its accomplishments over the past 10 years, and enjoys a strong reputation
worldwide. A word of thanks to our committed faculty and staff for
contributing to this through their work each day - we are thriving because
of our people.

We look forward to interviewing candidates over the next several months. In
the meantime, I want to assure you that our Board of Trustees and senior
staff are working to ensure that we continue to excel during this transition
period. if you have any questions or thoughts about the process, please
email me at  <mailto:Fred.Clifford at Perkins.org> Fred.Clifford at Perkins.org.
We also welcome your suggestions for candidates; please email confidential
recommendations to  <mailto:presidentsearch at perkins.org>
presidentsearch at perkins.org.

Thank you for your continued support and participation in this important
process.

Image removed by sender. Image. Frederic M. Clifford

Sincerely,

Image removed by sender. Signature. Frederic M. Clifford

Frederic M. Clifford
Chairman
Board of Trustees

Image removed by sender.