[nfbwatlk] Successful 1st time Sno/King chapter Picnic

Mon Aug 20 19:41:31 UTC 2012

I must say, the day was fantastic at Julie's lake side picnic spot, just across the road from her house and "toy hauler" RV style trailor.  (grin.)  Everyone had a great time, and Julie and Tom were indeed excellent hosts. Thanks again Julie, and convey to Tom our appreciation as well.  The food was plentiful, the drinks excellent, and the fellowship, ... well it included more than fellows. (grin).  George brought his radio, and kept the Mariner fanatics informed of the score on an ongoing basis.

And finally, the weather was perfect.  Not too cold, not too hot, just, ... as the threbears said, "it was just right."

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Julie Warrington
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 9:53 AM
To: NFB of Washington Talk Mailing List
Subject: [nfbwatlk] Successful 1st time Sno/King chapter Picnic

hello all,
Just wanted to  share some info from our picnic yesterday.
We all got together at a small private lake in Marysville, at the home of Julie Warrington.
In attendance we had, Gary & Denise Mackenstadt, Ben Prows, Chris macelli,Duane and Carol Smith and their daughter Arwin.
Also a possible new member George Basioli. We enjoyed having him and look forward to new ideas and input in our chapter.
Tom and I as the hosts.

We enjoyed a nice peaceful visit at the lakeside. enjoyed good food and good company.
 Arwin and Julie took a loop around the lake in a paddle boat. that was a lot of fun.Others decided to take a rain check on this idea. grin.
We really enjoyed having everyone over and hope we can plan this as an annual event.
Want to put out a special thanks to Carol smith for the shopping and purchasing of the food.
To Denise for providing transportation for a lot of the group and to all that pitched in to make this 1st chapter picnic a success.
Hope we can see more at next years gathering.
Look forward to seeing you all at the state convention.
Regards,
Julie Warrington / Chapter VP