[nfbwatlk] FW: ILRUSurvey: AssistiveTechnology forPeople With Disabilities

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 05:34:36 UTC 2012

Well, it's the Braille displays that are the most expensive
parts.  I maintain if they can build those little Furby dolls
that were basically toys and fairly inexpensive, they can add
some computing power to notetakers.  This is my personal opinion
but I think Humanware has gotten smug and lazy, as has Freedom
Scientific.  They know that we have limited places to buy
products from, and that if we want Braille displays we will
settle for their products.  Nice to see some cheaper devices that
have Braille but work with Iphones, etc.    Peace,    Debby