[nfbwatlk] FW: Sound Transit CEO Report

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 05:24:35 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Sound Transit [mailto:soundtransit at govdelivery.com]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 4:41 PM
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Subject: Sound Transit CEO Report

  <http://htmlmail.soundtransit.org/ceoreport/ST-logohorizBLUE.gif>

 Wave <http://htmlmail.soundtransit.org/ceoreport/CEO-header.jpg>

CEO Report

  <http://www.soundtransit.org/images/about/Earl_head.jpg>

>From Joni Earl

July 17, 2009

In this edition

*
Link Opening Weekend

*
Special Sounder trains to soccer match Saturday

*
Photo of the Week

Link Opening Weekend

Are you ready to ride light rail?

Opening Weekend is here. Link trains begin carrying passengers this weekend
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. All rides this
weekend are free. Regular service, and fares, begin Monday.

We're expecting big crowds this weekend. There is no parking at Link
stations in Seattle, and parking at Tukwila will be extremely limited so
we're encouraging riders to bus, walk or ride a bicycle to a station.

Here are several Web links for more information:

*	For Opening Weekend, visit http://www.soundtransit.org/linklaunch
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&100&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/linklaunch>

*	For a list of transit centers and bus routes to connect you with
downtown Seattle Opening Weekend, visit
http://www.soundtransit.org/Projects-and-Plans/Project-Updates/Traveling-Dow
ntown-July18-19.xml
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&101&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/Projects-and
-Plans/Project-Updates/Traveling-Downtown-July18-19.xml> .

*	 For more information about all Sound Transit services and help
planning your trip, visit www.soundtransit.org
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&102&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/> .

Building Central Link took 100 million pounds of steel, 450,000 cubic yards
of concrete, 7,700 railroad ties, 69 miles of OCS wire and 3,220 trees.

But it's always been a lot more than numbers. Link has shown us the spirit
of community and the power of teamwork. Voters in 1996 understood that
quality of life for today and for our children and grandchildren demanded
new transportation options. And so they approved the plan creating Sound
Transit.

Teamwork was leaders putting aside differences and finding common ground.
Teamwork was planners, engineers and construction workers moving light rail
from the drawing board to Opening Weekend.

Community spirit showed in neighborhoods from Pine Street in downtown
Seattle, to SODO, the Rainier Valley and Tukwila working with engineers and
artists to plan stations and create artworks for their communities.

Those neighbors endured the unavoidable hardships from building a 14-mile
light rail line through some of the most built up and populated areas of the
state. Now they, and everyone in the region, can enjoy riding the trains.

On a personal note, I want to thank all the current and former Sound Transit
Boardmembers for their courageous decisions, their passion for this light
rail project and for their constant support of the Sound Transit staff and
consultants who made it happen.

I also wanted to give special thanks and recognition for the amazing support
and assistance of Senator Patty Murray.

Tomorrow it all begins.

Special Sounder trains to soccer match Saturday

It's going to be busy in downtown Seattle on Saturday. Besides the link
Opening Weekend and the Bite of Seattle, about 60,000 fans are expected to
attend a noon Sounders FC soccer match against Chelsea at Qwest Field.

To make your way into downtown easier, two Sounder trains will leave from
Tacoma and one from Everett, making regular stops on the way into King
Street Station, near the soccer match at Qwest Field.

For more details on the trains see:

http://www.soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound-Transit/Event-Service-and-Promos/So
under-to-Sounder-Game-July-18-2009.xml
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&103&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound
-Transit/Event-Service-and-Promos/Sounder-to-Sounder-Game-July-18-2009.xml>

Photo of the Week

Our Photo of the Week, at least for today, shows a Link vehicle getting
ready for Opening Weekend. On Sunday, I'll send out a new Photo of the Week,
and a link to a lot more photos from our first two days of service.

http://www.soundtransit.org/newsroom/photo/
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&104&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/newsroom/pho
to/> .

 Union Station image
<http://htmlmail.soundtransit.org/ceoreport/UnionStationLeftImage.gif>

You can update or cancel your subscription at any time by clicking here
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&105&&&https://service.govdelivery.com/service/
user.html?code=WASOUND> . If you have any questions please contact
support at govdelivery.com .
All content on the Sound Transit Web site, including but not limited to
text, graphics, video, logos, button icons, databases and images, is the
property of Sound Transit or its content suppliers and is protected by
copyright laws. Please visit our Web site for information about Copyright
<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxN
yZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnNlcmlhbD0xMjE1NTE1N
TM4JmVtYWlsaWQ9bGF3bm1vd2VyODRAaG90bWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvd
G1haWwuY29tJmV4dHJhPSYmJg==&&&106&&&http://www.soundtransit.org/x2560.xml>
Information and our Privacy Policy.

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of Sound Transit . 401 South Jackson St
 Seattle WA 98104 . 206-398-5000

<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTUyNjgxNyZtZXNzYWdl
aWQ9UFJELUJVTC01MjY4MTcmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMDAxJnR5cGU9b3BlbiZzZXJpYWw9MTIxNTUx
NTUzOCZlbWFpbGlkPWxhd25tb3dlcjg0QGhvdG1haWwuY29tJnVzZXJpZD1sYXdubW93ZXI4NEBo
b3RtYWlsLmNvbSZleHRyYT0mJiY=>