[nfbwatlk] Convention Election Results

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Nov 3 03:57:09 UTC 2008

Fellow Federationists and friends:

I think we had a *great* convention. I'll leave summarizing the
convention to others. However, we had elections this morning and the
results are as follows:

President: Michael Freeman, Vancouver
First Vice-president: Kris Lawrence, Port Orchard
Second Vice-president: Maria Bradford, Spokane
Secretary: Don Mitchell, Vancouver
Treasurer: Doug Johnson, Manchester
Board Member: Kyle Parrish, Sequim
Board Member: Ben Prows, Kirkland

Each of these individuals will serve two-year terms. Because Doug
Johnson and Maria Bradford were Board members who were *not* up for
election this year, being elected as officers meant that two one-year
Board positions were created. Elections were held to fill these one-year
positions. Elected were:

Gary Mackenstadt, Edmonds
Bob Sellers, Vancouver

In addition to the officers and Board members, a Delegate, First
Alternate Delegate and Second Alternate Delegate to the NFB national
convention to be held in Detroit in 2009 were elected. The results were:

Michael Freeman (Vancouver): Delegate
Kaye Kipp (Vancouver): First Alternate Delegate
Duane Smith (Everett): Second Alternate Delegate

Congratulations to the new officres and Board members!

Mike Freeman, President
NFB of Washington