[NFBWATlk] April At Laarge Meeting

Nikki Palm nikkirae83 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:33:49 UTC 2024

Spring is in the air, or at least it’s supposed to be. I don’t know about
you, but I am hoping that all these April showers will be bringing lots and
lots of May flowers.

The Members At Large are springing into the new season and we have a great
meeting planned for you. We will be gathering on Zoom this Thursday at 7
pm, but don’t forget, you can log on early because we will be streaming the
national presidential release at 6:30. Zoom details can be found below.

Join us for an engaging philosophy discussion. We will be taking a deep
dive into an article written by Kenneth Jernigan titled, The Nature of
Independence. If you haven’t read it yet, you can find it here
<https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/convent/addres93.htm>.
In this article Jernigan expresses his thoughts on independence, something
we can all relate to no matter where we are along our journey.

Please read this powerful message and come tell us your thoughts on it at
our meeting Thursday night. Here are some questions to consider as you read:

1. What does independance mean to you?

2. If someone uses assistance of any kind, does this make them less
independant?

3. Why are we sometimes our own worst critic?

Remember, our chapter meets the second Thursday of every month. The meeting
starts at 7 pm and the presidential release is played at 6:30.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81030669502?pwd=dEJTWjRQeXRzdjF5THk1NUlCVG90dz09

Meeting ID: 810 3066 9502

Passcode: 823589

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,81030669502#,,,,*823589# US (Tacoma)