[NFBWATlk] At large Fundraiser

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 14:56:14 UTC 2023

I have been remiss. Here is the information for the NFBW Members at
Large Emergency Preparedness "Go Bag". Thank you Ben for telling
everyone about it! Please feel free to forward this email or cut and
paste the information into a new email or facebook post. With winter
coming on, this is a wonderful opportunity to support the chapter AND
get prepared.

🌟 Exciting Opportunity to Get Prepared for Emergencies with the NFB
of Washington’s Members At Large Chapter! 🌟
Hello Friends!
Have you ever wanted to be prepared for an emergency but weren't sure
where to start? The National Federation of the Blind of Washington’s
Members at Large Chapter is here to help! We have put together an
incredible Go Bag of Goodies, packed with essential items to have on
hand in case of an emergency. Here's what you'll find in our Go Bag:
📻 1 Radio - FOSPower 200MAHNOAA Emergency Weather Radio
Incorporates a 2000mAh power bank for emergency power
3 Power Sources: crank lever, solar panel, and AAA batteries
2 Light Sources: 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight
NOAA Emergency Weather Broadcast Access and AM/FM stations
Limited Lifetime Warranty
💧 2 Life Straws
💧 4 Water pouches
👓 Safety goggles
🏥 First aid starter kit
⛑️ 1 Tourniquet
🌂 2 Emergency ponchos
🌌 2 Space blankets
😷 2 Masks - N95
🦠 2 Accessible Covid Tests
🤕 2 Triangular multiuse bandages/slings
🧻 1 Package of tissues
📝 1 Note pad
📝 1 Note pad with water-resistant paper
🦗 1 Insect repellent
🔪 1 Can opener
💧 1 Package of Water purification tablets
🧤 1 Pair of disposable non-latex gloves
🧤 1 Pair of leather gloves
🧼 1 Small bar of soap
🧴 1 Trial-size shampoo
🧴 1 Trial-size conditioner
🪥 1 Package of travel toothbrush with toothpaste
🪥 1 Package of dental picks with floss
🍽️ 4 Assorted freeze-dried food pouches
🍫 1 Package each of chocolate cherries and chocolate espresso beans
🔥 1 Package of waterproof/strike-anywhere matches
🔧 1 Pry bar
📣 1 Whistle
🛍️ 4 Gallon-size Zip Lock bags
🥪 4 Sandwich Ziploc bags
🍬 8 Snack-size Ziploc bags
🪢 1 Small bundle of parachute cord
🔧 1 Gas shut-off tool
📘 Booklet on getting prepared on a budget
🎒 1 Backpack
You might be wondering how you can get your hands on this incredible
starter kit valued at $125 (at least). It's simple! Just donate to the
Members at Large Chapter, and your name will go into the backpack. For
every $5 you donate, your name goes in once, and for every $20 you
donate, your name will be entered 5 times. The lucky name will be
drawn on December 14th at our monthly meeting, and the backpack and
contents will be mailed to the lucky individual the following week.
Being prepared for emergencies is crucial, and with this backpack and
its contents, you're well on your way! Send your donations via PayPal
to Payments at nfbw.org. Make sure to include your name, contact
information, and mark the donation as "MAL Backpack" to have your name
entered into the pool. We will send a confirmation email once your
donation has been recorded.
The National Federation of the Blind of Washington’s Members at Large
Chapter sincerely appreciates your generous donations. Our goal is to
ensure that everyone is prepared in case of an emergency.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the NFB of
Washington and its chapters, feel free to drop me a line. We're here
to help!
#NFBWashington #EmergencyPreparedness #CommunitySupport #DonateNow 🌐💙

Kris