[NFBWATlk] 2023 NFB VELL Academy in partnership with the NFB of Oregon

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:50:40 UTC 2023

Hello All!

Let's spread the word! Our first in-person NFB BELL Academy since the
pandemic. This residential program is shaping up to be a fun and
empowering event. We will be able to work with a total of 16 students
in a residential setting at WSSB. We are partnering with NFBO to bring
together an amazing academy. We are asking $75 registration fee but
since we want all our kids to enjoy this opportunity, scholarships are
available.

Attached is a .zip folder that contains the flyers in english and
spanish. Please share these flyers with your teachers, friends,
colleagues and community organizations. If you hae any questions or
wish to volunteer in any way, please drop me a line at
kris at colcock.com or 206-854-3025

2023 Summer Program for Blind & Low-Vision
Children: Enhance Braille and Nonvisual Skills
Coming soon to Vancouver, Washington!
The NFB BELL Academy—which stands for National
Federation of the Blind Braille Enrichment for Literacy
and Learning®—helps blind and low-vision children
develop the literacy skills that will empower them to
achieve their academic goals and live the lives they want.
Receive Braille instruction
and other nonvisual
blindness skills through
fun, hands-on learning.
Take advantage of this
opportunity for your
child to connect with
blind role models,
students, and more!
NFB BELL Academy will be
offered in Vancouver, Washington from July 30-
August 4 at the Washington State School for the
Blind for children ages 8-13. $75 registration fee
per child. Scholarships are available.
For additional information and to register visit our
website at nfb.org/bell.