[NFBWATlk] Reminder: FW: First Chapter Meeting Of The New Year!!

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:20:10 UTC 2023

See you there!

Jim

Subject: First Chapter Meeting Of The New Year!!

National Federation of the Blind of Washington

Greater Seattle Chapter Meeting!

Join us for our first meeting of the new year, Saturday January 28, 2023,
beginning at 11:00 AM

We will be meeting at Razzi's Pizzeria

8523 GREENWOOD AVE. N.

SEATTLE, WA 98103.

Razzi's Pizzeria is on the #5 bus line.

It's a brand new year, and our energy is renewed so we can advance the work
of our movement! We are ready to meet and see how we can do this as a
chapter with both new and veteran members! Join us!

Aside from our Secretary and Treasurer's reports, we will get a state report
from Marci Carpenter who will also talk about the upcoming Washington
Seminar. A few of our chapter members will be attending.

We might also have Tom Hewitt (New ADA Coordinator for SDOT) come and speak
to us as well as get to know what the NFB is about. Let's make him feel
welcome and let him know we're interested in working with him.

Jessie Lorenz will lead a philosophy discussion that will challenge what we
think about speaking up or advocating for ourselves.

We will sign people up for yearly membership. Remember that dues are $5.

Finally, we will talk about upcoming officer elections coming up in
February! Would you like to run for an office on a dynamic chapter board?

As you can see, there is a lot happening, so don't miss it!

After our meeting, let's stay, have lunch, and fellowship with one another.
Razzi's has an extensive menu from which to choose a good meal, big or
small. There is now a Braille menu, produced by one of our chapter members.

See all of you on January 28th!

Jim Portillo

NFB Seattle Chapter President