[NFBWATlk] Updates from the last meeting

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Wed Dec 20 21:43:59 UTC 2023

Dear Kris,

Thank you for your insightful email and training suggestions for the
upcoming NFBW convention in 2024! I am looking forward to that
conovention for sure!

I just would like to add one more suggestion for training time at the
convention. Have you guys discussed anything about Braille music
training? Maybe teaching people about the basics, what Braille music is,
when to use it, how, benefits, ETC. things are getting more and more
exciting in the blind musician world as there are more and more
improvements to Braille music translation / notation softare getting
smarter and overall improved when it comes to Braille music!

Anyways, I just thought I would put it out here. I know this beautiful
code that Louis Braille invented many many years ago alongside his
invention for standard literacy medium and I would be willing to provide
such training on a volumteer basis.