[NFBWATlk] Newsline for the Blind Adds new Washington State Newspapers

Bennett Prows bjprows at comcast.net
Mon May 30 17:04:23 UTC 2022

Hi Listers,

Since I have retired, I’ve had a lot more time to read newspapers and magazines from our Newsline service. If you haven’t signed up, now may be the time to do so. I’m not sure when the two newspapers from our state I found are now available, but I was amazed about how many Washington State newspapers are on Newsline now. I found two new ones yesterday, so decided to list all the papers in Washington state that are now available. I use the telephone service most of the time, but our mobile app is a great way to read the news papers when on the go.

Here are the newspapers from Washington State now available on Newsline:

Associated Press Washington; Bellingham Harold; Kitsap Sun; The Olympian; Seattle Post Intelligencer; Seattle Times; Spokesman Review; Tacoma News Tribune; Tri-City Harold; USA Today; Vancouver Columbian; & the Wall Street Journal.

Sign up by using the instruction at the NFB Web Site, or calling the Department of Services for the blind at (800) 552-7103. It used to be that you could call the WTBBL as well. Not sure about that now. Maybe somebody else is more up to date on that. 😊

I am so pleased to have so many newspapers from our state on Newsline, and thank the funders (whoever they are) for the great meaningful donations.

Enjoy the reading.

/s/

Bennett Prows