[NFBWATlk] Job announcement: Director - Washington Department if Services for the Blind

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 23:57:01 UTC 2022

Hi Mike,

I want to acknowledge and I appreciate your confidence in Michael Mackillop. I also know you have a great passion for DSB being the best it can be.

An affiliate endorsement at this time would preclude me from serving on the interview committee because it would be viewed as a conflict of interest for me to be interviewing applicants when the organization I represent had already endorsed one of them. Participating in the interview process Is essential to finding the best person for the job of Director. The time for any endorsement of any candidate will come later in the hiring process. To ensure that the affiliate has a voice in this process I do not think it is wise for us to endorse any candidate at this time. The affiliate board may choose to discuss this topic at his next meeting the second Sunday in March at 7 PM. That meeting is open to all affiliate members.

Thanks again for your perspective and your passion. I really appreciate it.

Marci