[NFBWATLK] FW: [Jobs] Fwd: WA State Services for the Blind Orientation and Training Center (OTC) Administrator (WMS 2)

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Apr 11 23:36:56 UTC 2019

From: Jobs [mailto:jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of David Andrews via Jobs
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2019 8:27 PM
To: jobs at nfbnet.org
Cc: David Andrews
Subject: [Jobs] Fwd: WA State Services for the Blind Orientation and Training Center (OTC) Administrator (WMS 2)

> [...]
>
> OR
>
> Six (6) years' experience in public administration and/or developing and managing adult educational training programs
>
> AND
>
> Expert knowledge of current rehabilitation teaching practices
>
> Special Requirement:
>
>  *   Must pass Criminal Justice Records Check
> Preferred/Desired:
>
>  *   Masters' Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling, Rehabilitation Teaching, Public or Business Administration, Adult Education, or a related field
>  *   Work experience with a range of people with disabilities
>  *   Experience in:
>     *   Job readiness/vocational training
>     *   Adaptive technologies of blindness and low vision
>     *   Work within a public Vocational Rehabilitation program
>     *   English as a Second Language (ESL) training
>     *   Managing distance learning programs
>     *   Curriculum development and course scheduling
>     *   Supervisory experience
>

> Supplemental Information
> Please attach the following documents, failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position:
>
>  *   A letter of interest that shows your personality and voice to describe why you are the successful candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
>  *   Current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
>  *   A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
> By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
>
> VETERAN'S PREFERENCE
> Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
>
> We celebrate our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.
>
> Persons with a disability, who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.< http://www.washingtonrelay.com/>

I am forwarding this to all of you because we really need to get a good person in this position. The current director of our agency’s Orientation and Training center is a member of the Washington Council of the Blind. The philosophy and tone in this program are a manifestation of extremely low expectations. It is almost worse than having no program at all. I am, however, very hopeful that a new director can create a much stronger program.

I would be happy to talk with anyone interested in the position.

Thanks,

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of WA
206-604-5507
mjc59 at comcast.net<mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>

The National Federation Of the blind of Washington knows that blindness is not a characteristic that defines  you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people in our dreams. You can live the life you want. Linus is not wanna hold you back.

Sent from Marci's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Lolo Florentino Arevalo at (360) 407-8074 or Lolo.arevalo at des.wa.gov<mailto:Lolo.arevalo at des.wa.gov> < mailto:Lolo.arevalo at des.wa.gov>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>