[NFBWATLK] Fwd: Job Posting--Seattle Office of Labor Standards
Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jun 14 19:03:21 UTC 2018
Job Posting Link<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle?department%5b0%5d=Office%20of%20Labor%20Standards&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending>
$34.76 - $40.48 Hourly
Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Office of Labor Standards
6/19/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
As a leader on workplace practices that promote equity, advance race and social justice, address wage gaps and create a fair and healthy economy for workers, businesses and residents, the City of Seattle created an Office of Labor Standards (OLS).
This position will handle a complex investigation caseload including directed investigations, company-wide investigations involving numerous ordinances, and investigations requiring in-depth legal research and analysis. Responsibilities include research and planning for directed and complaint-based investigations, conducting investigations, and recommending resolutions to complaints of violations of the Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance (PSST), Fair Chance Employment Ordinance (FCE), Minimum Wage Ordinance (MW), Administrative Wage Theft Ordinance (WT), Secure Scheduling Ordinance (SS), the Hotel Employees Health and Safety Initiative (HEHS), and other labor standards the City may enact in the future.
The Senior Labor Standards Investigator position is a full-time, hourly, over-time eligible position that will report to the Enforcement Manager.
We are increasing our staff and are recruiting for both full-time regular positions as well as temporary positions.
• Conduct investigations of alleged non-compliance of Seattle's Labor Standards (some claims involve both labor standard and civil rights discrimination violations) including highly sensitive and/or complex investigations such as directed investigations, company-wide investigations involving numerous ordinances, and investigations with complex legal issues.
• Conduct remand investigations.
• Determine legitimacy of complaint, gather and preserve evidence, examine witnesses, review payroll records, conduct complex research using various databases and other legal tools, analyze fact patterns and prepare and issue detailed formal determinations and orders.
• Negotiate and draft legally binding settlement contracts and conduct conciliation in cases where a violation of non-compliance of the labor standards law is found.
• Work on a variety of special projects, as assigned, that may include developing and leading presentations on Seattle's Labor Standards, reviewing labor ordinances, policies and procedures, recommending new legislation to policy makers and policies and procedures to OLS, analyzing and applying federal and/or state case law and regulations.
• Provide mentorship to Labor Standards Investigators/Civil Rights Analysts. Provide input into performance plans and appraisals, hiring decisions and other personnel actions affecting Labor Standards Investigators/Civil Rights Analysts.
• Perform related duties, including intake, as needed and required.
The work product of the Office of Labor Standards is subject to judicial scrutiny and must meet procedural and technical standards in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Education: A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, or a certified equivalency for foreign studies in Public or Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Political Science or a closely related field/analytical discipline. A law degree (J.D.) is preferred but not required.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience with major work assignments emphasizing civil rights law enforcement, equal employment opportunity, complaint investigation, affirmative action program implementation, personnel administration, labor relations, or related work as a mediator in these areas (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
The position is classified as a Civil Rights Analyst, Senior.
This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. The Seattle Office of Labor Standards values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The Office encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
The City of Seattle offers a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, holiday and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees and their dependents.
More information about employee benefits is available on the City's website at: http://www.seattle.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
City of Seattle
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500 <https://maps.google.com/?q=700+5th+Avenue,+Suite+5500++%0D%0ASeattle,+Washington,+98104&entry=gmail&source=g>
Seattle, Washington, 98104
Business Engagement & Policy Specialist
City of Seattle | Office of Labor Standards
810 Third Avenue, Suite 375 <https://maps.google.com/?q=810+Third+Avenue,+Suite+375++%0D%0A+Seattle,+WA+98124&entry=gmail&source=g>
Seattle, WA 98124<https://maps.google.com/?q=810+Third+Avenue,+Suite+375++%0D%0A+Seattle,+WA+98124&entry=gmail&source=g>-1627
Kerem.Levitas at seattle.gov<mailto:Kerem.Levitas at seattle.gov>
Conrad Reynoldson, Attorney at Law
Washington Civil & Disability Advocate
3513 NE 45th Street, Suite G<https://maps.google.com/?q=3513+NE+45th+Street,+Suite+G+Seattle,+WA+98105+Office+(206&entry=gmail&source=g>
Seattle, WA 98105<https://maps.google.com/?q=3513+NE+45th+Street,+Suite+G+Seattle,+WA+98105+Office+(206&entry=gmail&source=g>
Office (206<https://maps.google.com/?q=3513+NE+45th+Street,+Suite+G+Seattle,+WA+98105+Office+(206&entry=gmail&source=g>) 855-3134
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Washington Attorneys with Disabilities Association" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<mailto:WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com>.
To post to this group, send email to WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation at googlegroups.com<mailto:WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation at googlegroups.com>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1724 bytes
More information about the NFBWATlk