[NFBWATLK] In-Person Research Study Opprotunity for Seattle Area Folks

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:37:36 UTC 2018

I am forwarding this; please contact the researcher directly.

Cindy

Good Morning,

Microsoft Research is exploring how to make virtual reality more
accessible to people with low vision. We are looking for participants
with low vision (i.e., people who are not completely blind, but who
have visual challenges that cannot be fully addressed by corrective
lenses) to try out the VR augmentations we designed to help low vision
people better experience virtual reality.

The study will take place in early August (August 9 - 15) in Microsoft
building 99, will last between one and one-and-a-half hours hour, and
you will earn a $100 Amazon gift certificate as a gratuity for your
time. During the study, you will conduct several virtual reality
tasks/applications with and without the augmentations we designed and
provide us with feedback about this experience. Your participation
will help us design more accessible virtual reality tools for people
with low vision.

In order to participate, you need to:

  *   Be at least 18 years old
  *   Have low vision ((i.e., people who are not completely blind, but
who have visual challenges that cannot be fully addressed by
corrective lenses. If you typically rely entirely on a screen reader
rather than your vision in order to interact with computing devices,
then this study is not a good fit for you.)
  *   Be able to visit our Redmond office in person (Microsoft building 99)

If you would like to participate, please email Microsoft Research
intern Yuhang Zhao
(t-yuzhao at microsoft.com<mailto:t-yuzhao at microsoft.com>). If you know
other people outside of Microsoft who may be eligible/interested in
this study opportunity, please feel free to share this information
with them. Thank you!

Yuhang Zhao
Research Intern
Microsoft Research, Ability Team
[cid:image001.png at 01D41E7F.C4CCC120]<http://aka.ms/hci>

--
Cindy Bennett
https://www.bennettc.com/

Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington