[NFBWATLK] Seeking recommendations for a personal driver

Jamal Mazrui jamal at empowermentzone.com
Wed Apr 5 04:17:35 UTC 2017

Unfortunately, Seattle traffic is such that it would generally not be
practical schedule-wise for me to take her by bus to camp and then go to
work, myself, by bus in a different part of the city, and then reverse
the process on the way home.  It's a good reminder not to rule out other
possible drivers for hire, though only having been here since last
summer, I feel reluctant to offer driving money to other parents in case
that creates offense or awkwardness.  If I were involved with a church
or other, neighborhood group thus far, an ad on a billboard there would,
indeed, make sense.

To clarify, the camp was intended as an example, but my desire is
generally to have a trustworthy driver for hire whom I could call
directly as needed.  I did this on occasion in the DC area and know of
other blind folks who also value having such a driver as one resource
among others.