[nfbwatlk] A couple things

Tue Sep 22 14:45:42 UTC 2015

Hi Debby and Listers,

What's the latest on Nova. Hope she's doing better.

/s/

Bennett Prows

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Debby Phillips via nfbwatlk
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 8:50 AM
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Debby Phillips
Subject: [nfbwatlk] A couple things

Good morning everyone.  First of all, I want to apologize to the WASAGDU folks: I just assumed that we could use the conference call number last night, and found out at the last minute that we couldn't.  So ow'm scheduling our call (with Marci's blessing) for next Sunday night at 7:00.  I especially thank Kaye and Mike for being on the call.

The second thing is that Nova my Seeing Eye dog is a very sick little girl.  Not sure what's going on exactly.  She started throwing up Friday night, Saturday morning.  I was working overtime on Saturday so Craig took her to the vet.  Gave her an anti-nausea shot.  Also an antibiotic and pepcid.  On Sunday, she still wasn't feeling well.  She started throwing up again Sunday night, so we took her to the vet ER.  Yup, they have those.  They did blood work, but there was no indication of pancreatitis, (which is what they were most worried about).  However, one of her liver functions was pretty high.  I don't know what that means.  Sy will be doing an ultrasound this morning.  Hopefully it's nothing like a tumor or anything like that.  If she ate something and it's blocking, then of course they will have to do surgery.  Sigh.  But that would be so much better than if they
find some kind of tumor.    Debby