[nfbwatlk] Another device to help us "see"

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:14:33 UTC 2015

Okay, here I go being radical.  Lol.  I don't care if you have
the greatest tongue click or finger snap or whatever the heck.
YOU STILL NEED to use a cane or a dog.  Period, exclamation
point.  That "Flash Sonar" or whatever, will not detect
everything, including stairs.  Or holes in the ground.  And what
if you're in a noisy environment.  I can detect stuff by my face
quite often, but I still trust either my cane or dog more than
the sometimes facial detection.  It's no wonderful thing, in my
ever so humble opinion for blind folks to brag about how they
don't have to use canes or dogs.  It's misleading, and it's
dangerous.  Okay, I'll hop off my soapbox now.  Lol.    Debby