[nfbwatlk] A bit frustrated in Spokane

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 02:51:47 UTC 2014

Hi all.  Well, first for those who have not heard, I was laid off
on Friday.  So I have begun the process of filing for
unemployment and looking for a job.  If Lighthouse could
guarantee me a job in 8 weeks, I wouldn't have to look, I could
just get my unemployment.  But I know they can't guarantee
anything at this point.  Sigh.  So I have had the wonderful joy
of trying to deal with ESAID (Employment Service Division) and
the "wonderful" and I write that in quotes, work source
Washington web site.  I am also working with Kim Daublind from
DSB, and will be going with her to Career Path sometime next
week, I think.  I am using my Apex and iPhone.  The iPhone is
working better for this search, and I'm using a bluetooth
keyboard.  I don't think I'm going to get my three required
things done by next week.  Sigh.  If any of you have used the
work source site with an iPhone or Apex please let me know any
tricks you might have used.

Today I received 2 calls from ESAID.  I thought I was asking a
pretty simple question.  I asked if I went to the work source
office by myself if I would be able to get assistance or if they
had a computer with JAWS.  The first person passed me off to some
poor schmuck in Olympia.  He was definitely freaked out.  He
didn't know what to tell me.  I spoke with Maria later on, and
she told me about her horror with these fine folks here in
Spokane.  I'll be updating all of you as time goes by.  I could
have interviewed for a job where I'd work from home, but I really
don't want to work from home.  Maybe I should have gone for it.
(Grin).  Anyway, I politely told Kim D no, because I didn't want
to work from home.  She understood that.

Well, everybody have a good night, and if it's raining where you
are like it is here, try and stay dry and warm.    Peace,
Debby