[nfbwatlk] history kicks

debby phillips via nfbwatlk nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 02:41:10 UTC 2014

Hi! Are you going to be at the convention this summer? I so much
look forward to spending time with folks in the Washington
delegation.  I'm definitely sure we have a lot in common.  I
wanted to be a nun, but the convent I wanted to enter would not
take me.  They have determined that they will not accept any
"handicapped women".  That was really a grief to me.  I am
married now to a wonderful man, but I still think that I had a
vocation.  Of course, nuns would say that if I had a vocation I
would have eventually been permitted to enter a convent.  I don't
know.  But I am thankful to God every day because I am happy and
I love my husband and am loved.    PEACE,    Debby