[nfbwatlk] TACID seeking an Interim Executive Director; would appreciate your consideration

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Jul 28 16:18:18 UTC 2014

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 10:12 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV<mailto:GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV>
Subject: FW: TACID seeking an Interim Executive Director; would appreciate your consideration

________________________________
From: Dan Eberle [deberle at bates.ctc.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 8:15 AM
To: Olson, Toby (ESD); estefano at aol.com<mailto:estefano at aol.com>
FYI

From: JoAnn Fritsche [mailto:joannf72 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:22 PM
To: JoAnn Fritsche

I am sharing the attached position announcement with you because I thought you might know one or more persons who would be well qualified for the position.  As you know, Ken Gibson has accepted another position, and TACID's Board is searching for an Interim Executive Director.

Attached is the position description for "Interim Director" of TACID.

Why "Interim" Director, you may be wondering.   Reply:  The TACID Board members recognize the need for an Executive Director, but do not want either our Board members or qualified candidates to feel they must rush into making important decisions, since the Board was considering some possible strategic alliances or organizational modifications prior to Ken Gibson's decision to accept another position.

As is usually the case, we'd like to have found the ideal candidate and to have filled the position "yesterday"!  However, we are realists who recognize that both candidates and our Board members may have summer vacation and other sorts of commitments difficult or impossible to change at the last minute.

Although the attached position description is for an "Interim" executive, it presents some key responsibilities  which need to be conducted not just in the short term -- during the remainder of the summer and on through 2014 -- but also over the long term along with additional responsibilities defined by the Board and the Interim Executive Director after more strategic planning.

The search committee would appreciate receiving Nominations and applications for this position by Thursday, July 31.  Please advise anyone interested in applying for the position to please submit a cover letter and resume by Thursday, July 31 to executivesearch at tacid.org<mailto:executivesearch at tacid.org>  and/or to the e-mail addresses of the search committee members and Chair of the Board.  (See below).

Similarly, nominations may be submitted by e-mail to those mentioned below or to executivesearch at tacid.org<mailto:executivesearch at tacid.org>   Also, you or anyone else may feel free to submit questions to one or more of the people listed below:

*  Michael Philichi at 253- 820-4872 or 253-565-9000; mphilichi at gmail.com<mailto:mphilichi at gmail.com>
*  Debra Hagemann, at 253- 442-1404; dhagemann at gmail.com<mailto:dhagemann at gmail.com>
*  John Bailey, at 360-431-7533; or johnbailey at wradvisors.com<mailto:johnbailey at wradvisors.com>
*  Nathan Roberts, Chair of TACID's  Board of Directors, at  253- 335-1453, or  nroberts at connelly-law.com<mailto:nroberts at connelly-law.com>
FYI:  I happened to see a very intriguing monograph series about the roles and value of  Interim Executive Directors of organizations in transition. URL:

:  http://www.compasspoint.org/sites/default/files/docs/research/64_etmono2interimeds.pdf

My TACID Board colleagues and I will be grateful for any nominations, referrals, or helpful suggestions you can provide.  Many thanks for giving this information and request your attention.

Sincerely,

JoAnn (253-566-2404)

JoAnn M. Fritsche
TACID Board of Directors member