[nfbwatlk] petition to allow medicare to pay forlow-visiondevices

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 12:56:01 UTC 2014

Hi Lauren, I really like your signature at the end of your email.

Up until Maria told me that Medicare paid for artificial eyes, I
had no idea that they would.  When I got mine in 1995, I was
working and my insurance wouldn't pay anything.  Someone
anonymously paid for mine.  They are definitely not cheap! And
no, they aren't cosmetic, like jewelry.  I've had my original
prosthetics since 1995.  That's almost 20 years.  Are you
supposed to get new ones every so often? I can sure understand
your needing to if you are in pain and that would make it
medically necessary as far as I'm concerned.     Blessings,
Debby