[nfbwatlk] petition to allow medicare to pay forlow-vision devices

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Sat Jul 12 04:49:56 UTC 2014

Hi,
Medicare has always paid for both of my prosthetic eyes but now I'm being
told each new eye is $2,000 and I have to pay $400 per eye, which is $800!
Yikes! I don't know how I will do that,  but I need new eyes because my
current ones no longer fit properly and are causing a lot of pain. This is
going through my Medicare-advantage insurance, so part of the problem might
be with them, but I know that Medicare paid the whole thing in the past. It
is not like our prostheses are just cosmetic, like jewelry and stuff; they
are artificial body parts and medically necessary. I've also had to wait
since Nov. of last year until this coming Aug. to get my new eyes, in spite
of almost constant pain. I think that shouldn't be allowed either.

 I already spent 28 years of my life in acute glaucoma pain when I was
young, and now this!  I think I am going to file some kind of complaint
after I get my new eyes. Anyone who knows exactly who I need to communicate
with please let me know.
Thanks
Lauren

Blessings in Jesus’ Name
Ephesians 3:20-21King James Version (KJV)
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we
ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages,
world without end. Amen.
Advice from my cats:"Meow when you feel like it."
My book:"there's more than one way to be okay":
www.Theresmorethanoneway.com
Affordable laptops for people with disabilities, seniors, and those with low
incomes:
www.affordablelaptops.biz