[nfbwatlk] Braile on blanket

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Sun Jan 5 08:26:42 UTC 2014

Hi,
Oh I'm sorry you lost your tomcat especially in such a sad and terrible way.
My Maryah got out before Christmas and she is going on eleven, so I was
really worried about her. She was near my patio so a friend and I were
finally able to convince her to come out in the open and race to the apt.

I have 3 kitties now. I thought I was only going to have two, but a friend
weaned some kittens and one is now mine. They are Maryah (Mariah with a
Y):10-1/2; Tobias (Toby):2 years and Lelaynya (Laynie) going on 9 months.

I used to always put a collar with a bell on it on my cats but Maryah and
Toby refuse to wear them and Toby had scabs from trying so hard to get his
off. I haven't tried one on Laynie but I have a feeling she wouldn't go for
it either. So I just open the door as narrowly as I can to get out in a
hurry and usually my current cats do not try all that hard to get out. Why
Maryah does it about once a year, I do not know. I think the maintenance guy
or the Safeway delivery guy probably let her out. I was sure glad to have
her back by Christmas Eve.
Thanks
Lauren