[nfbwatlk] NFB of Washington Scholarships - application available

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Thu Jun 6 03:22:11 UTC 2013

Greetings,

We are now accepting applications for the 2013 NFB of Washington scholarships. We will once again be awarding 2 scholarships; one for $2,000 and one for $3,000 to recognize blind scholars. The letter containing the scholarship requirements and the application form are now available on the www.nfbw.org website. They are on the main page immediately below the table of contents list. I have also attached them to this notice.

Anyone who is a) legally blind, b) a resident of the state of Washington and c) is or will be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the 2013 scholastic year may apply for our scholarships.

The application deadline is Friday, September 13th, 2013. Completed application packets must arrive in my postal or email by that date.

These scholarships will be awarded at the banquet during our state convention; October 18th - 20th, 2013 in Everett, Washington. The banquet is on Saturday evening, Sept. 19th. In addition to receiving a scholarship, winners will also receive an all-expenses paid trip to our convention. Winners must attend the entire convention in order to receive their scholarships. This gives winners the opportunity to network with other blind people, and allows us to get to know them.

The scholarship committee will meet shortly after Sept. 13th to choose the winners. Winners will then be notified, and travel arrangements made.

The National Federation of the Blind takes great pride in awarding scholarships to deserving blind students.

Past applicants and winners are also welcome to apply. Please feel free to make as many copies of the application and the accompanying instructions, and distribute them to anyone who may want to apply. If you have questions about the process, please contact me via the information listed below.

Marci Carpenter
Scholarship Chairperson
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
mjc59 at q.com
(206) 933-7971