[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Why a blind man, his dog, and 35 passengers left an airplane

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 17:58:27 UTC 2013

Mary Ellen, you are so right on! But I remember having those
feelings about people in the NFB, that I would be bullied, and
one or two people discouraged me from going to CCB because they
thought I would be bullied.  I never felt that, though I did find
myself angry at the way some people treated sighted folks.
There's no reason to be downright rude when people ask if they
can help, and I saw that happen several times.  It really
bothered me to see that.  Because what happens the next time some
blind person really does need help? We don't all have the same
skill level in doing things.  I can cook a meal for 15 or 60, but
doing my monster route scared m" to death.  To say nothing of my
independent drop! Obviously, everyshing turned out okay, because
I graduated and am here to tell the tale.  Lol.    Peace,
Debby