[nfbwatlk] FW: Andy Birden Killed

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Mar 13 02:21:22 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:10 PM
To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nfb-talk] Andy Birden Killed

Some of my original message, about Andy Virden got clipped off -- so
I am sending it again.

Dave

From: "Steve Jacobson" <steve.jacobson at visi.com>
To: "NFB of Minnesota News List" <nfbmn-news at googlegroups.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:40:34 -0600
Subject: [NFBMN-News] Sad News

It is with deep sadness that I must report that Andy Virden was
struck by a vehicle while crossing the street last night
and was apparently killed instantly.  Andy was the
president of our St. Cloud chapter and was a member of the NFB of
Minnesota since 1951.  We will let you know as
soon as we have more details.  I have known Andy
for almost forty years so this is extremely difficult.  Please keep
our St. Cloud chapter members, his relatives, and his
many friends  in your thoughts and prayers.
Best regards,
Steve Jacobson