[nfbwatlk] Informational Picket this Tuesday, July 26 in Seattle

mjc59 at q.com mjc59 at q.com
Sun Jul 24 18:43:35 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

Attached you will find the press release we issued concerning this Tuesday's (July 26th) demonstration. I wanted everyone to see it. We will be picketing  at 915 2nd Avenue (between Madison and Marion) from 10 a.m. until noon in front of the Jackson Federal Building, which houses, among other offices, Senator Patty Murray's local office. We are hoping for some good press. Mike Mello will be coordinating the demonstration and I will be handling the public relations. We will be joined by members of other disability rights organizations who are also in support of our opposition to subminimum wages. This event will only be canceled if Senator Murray makes a public statement saying that the proposed Workforce Investment Act contains a number of provisions which she cannot support, including Title V, Section 511, and that she will not vote for it until Section 511 and the other provisions are removed.

 We encourage anyone who can do so to join us on Tuesday in Seattle. We will have some signs to carry. If you can attend please be prepared to carry whatever belongings you bring. The Jackson Federal Building occupies the entire block from Madison to Marion.We will be in downtown Seattle so there won't be anywhere to store things. Hopefully we will get some good press coverage.  If you have any questions, please fell free to contact my via the phone numbers and email listed in the press release. See you there!

Marci Carpenter