[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: King County leaders join the state transportation movement

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:43:50 UTC 2011

 Transportation for Washington
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5153/images/t4waheader5.jpg>

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DViLYRK5vL93SCMgOLpKT
sG4Ho9EJ%2BWF>

Thank
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=l%2FdgrBBgnqFkOgDnI8y
D6AoVEo37MQ0W> our leaders.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bglcpEdtclxJbUvdgWwl5
zlb7D9KNupo> Post a Thank You
on Facebook

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RynIFSvNirJUTqwXcgfNK
zlb7D9KNupo>

Jacob --

>From the recent fight to save King County Metro, we all know about the need
to find long-term solutions to our county's and state's transportation
problems.

Hundreds of bridges are unsafe, cars pollute too many toxins, and not enough
neighborhoods have adequate bus service. To top it off, state and local
governments lack enough resources to solve these problems.

That's why earlier this year Futurewise and Transportation Choices Coalition
launched this statewide, multiyear campaign "Transportation for Washington."
We've worked hard in Olympia and across the state to raise awareness of
transportation issues, build a movement of organizations and people, and win
real results like saving Metro.

I'm excited to announce that County Executive Dow Constantine, six mayors,
and 42 other King County public officials have endorsed our three core
principles for transportation reform that will help transform our
communities and set a better vision for our future:

*	Prioritize fixing broken infrastructure to save lives.

*	Expand transit.

*	Build great, healthy communities.

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WR0Zt1Tabb2nkWfBfDHq3
Dlb7D9KNupo> Please take 30 seconds right now to thank our public officials
on Facebook.

Then forward this email to 5 friends.

Our King County leaders, together with 39 other public officials from all
across the state who have already endorsed the principles, are calling for
fundamental reform that provides transportation choices for all people,
stops air and water pollution, and rebuilds our economy.

In endorsing the three core principles, King County Councilmember Larry
Phillips, Chair of the County Transportation Committee, said:

"Transportation for Washington is a great roadmap for better infrastructure,
better jobs and providing better choices for how people move every day. We
need to start now, reforming transportation policy so it's balanced and
innovative ensuring our state can stay competitive in the global economy."

Issaquah Mayor Ava Frisinger said:

"Our neighborhoods depend on affordable, convenient transit and safe
streets. It's how we build strong, healthy communities. Transportation for
Washington's focus on smart policies that will help us build vibrant,
livable communities that works for everyone -- transit riders, drivers,
freight movers and pedestrians -- is the right direction for our state."

State Senator Scott White, Vice Chair of the Senate Transportation
Committee, said:

"Transit ridership is going up as more people look for ways to avoid high
gas prices and still get to their jobs and school. But funding for transit
hasn't been able to keep up. To save our transit and ensure it can keep up
with rising demand, we need to provide flexible, permanent funding sources
for it, and that's what Transportation for Washington is fighting for."

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Y0CU%2FITGYqLf2n7a26I
hvDlb7D9KNupo> Click here to publicly thank our public officials on
Facebook.

Will you also forward this email to 5 friends?

Here's the full list of our current endorsers in King County:

Black Diamond Councilmember Leih Mulvihill
Burien Deputy Mayor Brian Bennett
Issaquah Mayor Ava Frisinger
Issaquah Councilmember Fred Butler
Issaquah Councilmember Joshua Schaer
Kenmore Mayor David Baker
Kent Councilmember Elizabeth Albertson
Kent Councilmember Dennis Higgins
King County Executive Dow Constantine
King County Councilmember Larry Gossett
King County Councilmember Joe McDermott
King County Councilmember Julia Patterson
King County Councilmember Larry Phillips
Kirkland Councilmember Dave Asher
Kirkland Councilmember Jessica Greenway
Kirkland Mayor Joan McBride
Kirkland Councilmember Bob Sternoff
Kirkland Councilmember Amy Walen
Lake Forest Park Councilmember Donald Fiene
Lake Forest Park Mayor Dave Hutchinson
Lake Forest Park Councilmember Sandy Koppenol
Mercer Island Councilmember Mike Grady
Redmond Mayor John Marchione
Redmond Councilmember Kimberly Allen
Redmond Councilmember Hank Margeson
Redmond Councilmember Pat Vache
Redmond Planning Commissioner Passion Julinsey
Seatac Councilmember Mia Gregerson
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
Seattle Councilmember Sally Bagshaw
Seattle Councilmember Tim Burgess
Seattle Councilmember Sally Clark
Seattle Council President Richard Conlin
Seattle Councilmember Jean Godden
Seattle Councilmember Bruce Harrell
Seattle Councilmember Nick Licata
Seattle Councilmember Mike O'Brien
Seattle Councilmember Tom Rasmussen
Shoreline Mayor Keith McGlashan
Shoreline Deputy Mayor Will Hall
Shoreline Councilmember Chris Eggen
Shoreline Councilmember Chris Roberts
Shoreline Councilmember Shari Winstead
Tukwila Councilmember Joan Hernandez
Woodinville Councilmember Scott Hageman
State Senator Maralyn Chase
State Senator Sharon Nelson
State Senator Scott White
State Representative Joe Fitzgibbon

We know success will not come easy. We are excited by the momentum that's
building at the local level for statewide reform. Together we can make it
happen.

Sincerely,

Brock Howell
Field Director
Transportation for Washington

P.S. We haven't yet asked all the public officials in King County whether
they support the three principles of Transportation for Washington.  Please
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ku%2BoDPTs4rZ5ihlBrZF
EeTlb7D9KNupo> first post a thank you on Facebook, then let me know who else
you think I should talk to. Thanks!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8NdezPb2YXF%2FYrBX5RD
VaTlb7D9KNupo>

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XuZrQg9nq3gZOncXbkjgK
Dlb7D9KNupo> Join us on Facebook

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6Ko89b5mJTjwUZLSWDzv%
2FTlb7D9KNupo> Join us on Twitter

  _____

T4Washington.org
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WeD0q1hcSyNGWrjbYFg22
Dlb7D9KNupo>  | Privacy
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jlfO%2Bnh3IvU%2F8njeO
EhDNzlb7D9KNupo> Policy | Unsubscribe
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YzxoIh9YcKmu34JZlt2N5
jlb7D9KNupo>

  _____

Transportation for Washington is a campaign led by Futurewise and
Transportation Choices Coalition and supported by groups and individuals
representing environmental, health, faith, labor, business, and public
office communities.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=623695594>

  _____

.