[nfbwatlk] Invitation to Overcoming Barriers to Employment Summit

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Wed Aug 31 15:43:15 UTC 2011

From: Noel Nightingale [mailto:nnightingale at earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:21 PM
To: Nightingale, Noel
Subject: FW: Invitation to Overcoming Barriers to Employment Summit

From: Olson, Toby [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:42 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV

From: Judy Parsons [mailto:nsslnetwork at shorelineschools.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:26 PM
To: Northshore-Shoreline Community Network

Overcoming Barriers to Employment, event

September 12, 2011
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Shoreline Community College Campus
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133

The Shoreline Community College and the Northshore/Shoreline Community Network are partnering to offer the Overcoming Barriers to Employment event.  This is a wonderful opportunity targetted for 16 to 26 year young adults with disabilities and parents with disabilities to receive some helpful information on finding and keeping jobs, others will not be turned away.  Please read the attachments.

 1.  There are openings for 90 students to attend this summit, there are workshops, food, bus passes, parking passes, and a fabulous key note speaker; Barry Long from Talk and Roll.
 2.  In the lunch room we would like to have resource tables all around the room.  If you are an organization that offers services for people with disabilities, please contact us about having a resource table.
We are looking for a great turn out for this event.  Please pass this e-mail on to anyone that you think might be interested.

Judy Parsons
Northshore/Shoreline Community Network
18560 1st Ave NE
Shoreline, WA 98155