[nfbwatlk] FW: RFB&D is Changing Its Name

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Apr 12 02:09:53 UTC 2011

Like YUCH!

From: Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic [mailto:jenny at www-rfbd.ccsend.com]
On Behalf Of Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 3:07 AM
To: k7uij at panix.com
Subject: RFB&D is Changing Its Name

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view this email as a
webpage.
<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=dpqs87bab&v=0014VpJP4e0e
JTIjXTOa2zFTMqL2kptWxjFGvseoeNAYah9OIRvJLHKEZxut_Hkfz6IXcerGWu7WAtyRgCAAazYd
SwVq1RnNhUetDKa4X4XlQLNOls35x32guhLdicxLBjuKFrl4ITPf48V1LwVulfbIEL1QY09i5kBr
6y-epWfwRylid-fMjq8nNhJvnIxvhvly8swxUn-ThtVC1s2tVuKnPMkyHN5NTucfMx8lz3LLlpXM
YLSKUTtuuWEPryUSpLhyxCci6eBGPFAoYTejr8UXErrbWZIHVJofxqk6TVvHr5ET4gTwGU5RsHAX
iCg1yPe8rj5iZ7F1HJVwxowH2jDW7qeFeJ289QHBSPVe3KrGl4%3D>

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with Recording for
the Blind & Dyslexic. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving
email from us.
<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/c.jsp?llr=dpqs87bab&t=1105071856555.
29444.68613151.2&m=1101553811939&wl=F>  You only have to do this once.

You may unsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001K33QEjKvDIIHs3UwsZPI7A%3D%3
D&se=001c5UZzx-wVuA%3D&t=001dpR8cViz1NP1KDnexZTTuQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI
%3D&reason=001y5KaVlBn7_Y%3D&llr=dpqs87bab>  if you no longer wish to
receive our emails.

Logo

RFB&DR is Changing Its Name

TO LEARNING ALLYT

April 2011

Dear Member,

I am personally reaching out to share with you the exciting news that
Recording for the Blind & DyslexicR has changed its name to Learning Ally.

Changing the name of an institution such as Recording for the Blind &
Dyslexic, with its rich history and tremendous network of 300,000 members,
is not something we entered into lightly. Over the past year, we have worked
closely with scores of students, parents, teachers, volunteers and others to
explore the current state of the organization and chart its future.

First and foremost, this transformation has been driven by our members. Our
research and focus groups reveal that the most significant reasons for
change come directly from individuals just like you:

*	Our member community is more diverse than ever before, including
individuals with many different kinds of learning disabilities where access
and reading are barriers to their learning.

*	The broad community of individuals in the U.S. who "learn
differently" has grown significantly and a portion of these individuals are
not blind or dyslexic. Our current name limits our ability to reach the
wider base of individuals who could benefit from our services.

*	And most significant of all, a universal issue expressed by the vast
majority of our members surveyed is that they don't want to be typecast.

When told about the news of our new name, a freshman in college who began
using RFB&D in second grade said:

"Finally. . .I'm tired of typing out that long name - and I

don't like being labeled as Dyslexic!"

This anecdote echoes the sentiment of countless thousands of members. They
don't want to be referred to as "disabled"; they simply want to enjoy equal
access and opportunities to learn and succeed like anyone else. Our new name
goes directly to the heart of supporting them.

accessible for all

We will continue to serve and support you. We are excited about the future
and hope you will encourage your friends, parents, teachers, and others in
your community to become a "Learning Ally" to help us reach more individuals
with tools for educational success. Be sure to visit our new website at
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=dpqs87bab&et=1105071856555&s=29444&e=001YGrko
fVxs5lIPkLv43pjva4x5C-r54u9sEmSElPAdAaJUxCJX_p6wt-w8x1w-rt8YggwiWKBfYleCejN3
rkgyh021aVCICv0ua1vbe4HkmJIzWIxcvtkwQ==> LearningAlly.org to learn more
about FREE Membership opportunities, FREE software and our NEW APPLE APP
which now makes our books compatible with your favorite Apple device.

Thank you again for allowing us to help in your pursuit of learning and in
your support of RFB&D, and now Learning Ally, as we move forward to serve
even more individuals in the future.

Andrew Friedman
President & CEO

25%

C2011 Learning Ally, Inc. All Rights Reserved. LearningAllyTM, Making
Reading Accessible for AllTM, the "Access" icon, Recording for the Blind &
DyslexicR, RFB&DR, Learning Through ListeningR, the "Heart and Headphones"
design and all trademarks and service marks are owned by Learning Ally,
Incorporated.

Forward this email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=dpqs87bab&m=1101553811939&ea=
k7uij%40panix.com&a=1105071856555>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001K33QEjKvDIIHs3UwsZPI7A%3D%3
D&se=001c5UZzx-wVuA%3D&t=001dpR8cViz1NP1KDnexZTTuQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI
%3D&reason=001y5KaVlBn7_Y%3D&llr=dpqs87bab> Description: Image removed by
sender.

This email was sent to k7uij at panix.com by enews at rfbd.org |

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001K33QEjKvDIIHs3UwsZPI7A%3D%3
D&se=001c5UZzx-wVuA%3D&t=001dpR8cViz1NP1KDnexZTTuQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI
%3D&reason=001y5KaVlBn7_Y%3D&llr=dpqs87bab>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001K33QEjKvDIIHs3UwsZPI7A%3D%3
D&se=001c5UZzx-wVuA%3D&t=001dpR8cViz1NP1KDnexZTTuQ%3D%3D&lang=001FCSs65SMrsI
%3D&reason=001y5KaVlBn7_Y%3D&llr=dpqs87bab> T | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .

Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic | 20 Roszel Road | Princeton | NJ | 08540