[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: PARK(ing) Day Party Time!

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 06:11:48 UTC 2010

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Q0q60Ifpyg3xYCRYIIDNV
MACjJq0XfYt> Streets for All Seattle

Dear Jacob ,

Please join us for a PARK(ing) Day after party hosted by
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gB0osCxroJ1giVgk4GL0P
30oclWCFHtD> Feet First,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=A8TAPcmmD41%2FkpQTeLE
EMcACjJq0XfYt> Streets For All Seattle, and the
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rtTE9ulHVtSYkj7KxGmr3
sACjJq0XfYt> People's Parking Lot, Friday, September 17th, from 4-10pm at
the People's Parking Lot on Capitol Hill, 500 E Pine.  Food, music, dancing,
awards for the best PARK(ing) spots, shenanigans, and much, much more!

What the heck is PARK(ing) Day you ask?  Scheduled this year for Friday,
September 17th,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PSyDSOkuiO6HmZg36l5Nu
MACjJq0XfYt> PARK(ing) Day is an annual, one-day, global event where
artists, activists, and citizens independently but simultaneously
temporarily transform metered parking spots into "PARK(ing)" spaces:
temporary public parks.  Did you know that nearly 28 percent of all land in
Seattle is dedicated to automobile travel?  And that doesn't even include
private parking lots!  PARK(ing) Day shows residents what their city would
look like if more public space was allocated for urban parks, recreation,
social interactions, and other people-centric pursuits, rather than the
movement and storage of cars.

And what the heck is the
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=i9T3HDFcNRB7eX%2Frzqo
FuMACjJq0XfYt> People's Parking Lot?  On Seattle's Capitol Hill, where a
vibrant block of bars and restaurants once stood, all that remains is a
poorly-paved lot.  The plan was for a cookie-cutter condo building but that
fell through, now the plan is nothing; and the people have taken over.   To
celebrate PARK(ing) Day the People's Parking Lot is hosting a "Central Park"
event during the day where all sorts of organizations will set up their own
"PARKs" on the lot, along with DJs, food and more; all leading into the
PARK(ing) Day after party in the evening.

Also, please save the dates and stay tuned for more details on three crucial
budget hearings, where you can make your voice heard in support of Streets
For All Seattle.  Every voice needs to be heard on the evenings of September
29, October 13, and October 29.

And finally, if you have yet to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2B5N13o%2BmabCGlVNKB
L2G2cACjJq0XfYt> email the City Council explaining why you support Streets
For All Seattle; now is the time to
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CpUhQAt0AqGX5Q4fyEmdL
xaa3j0qSmo%2F> tell the City Council your story!  Every email counts, so
please take one minute and help shape the future of our City.

Sincerely,

David Hiller
Craig Benjamin
Streets For All Seattle Co-Chairs

  _____

You're getting this email because you signed up for updates or to volunteer
on our website, or because of our relationship. We do not sell or otherwise
share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=SdcQaQEZMxcvLj%2Fag6K
FqMACjJq0XfYt> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all email.

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=245745603>