[nfbwatlk] Fw: Fw: we attended the NFB-W convention

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Tue Oct 26 04:12:35 UTC 2010

Hi,
I really enjoyed the convention and my rides on the train.  Riding the train
beats flying!  The hotel staff were prompt and courteous and some of them
have cats!

The only problem I had was that as I was preparing to board the train in
Vancouver, (I was only feet away) my right ankle gave out and down I went.
I'm sure they all thought I fell because I am blind and that really bothers
me.  I have very weak ankles and that's why I went down.  I'm glad you guys
would know the difference.  They were all ready to call 911 and have me fill
out an accident form and all that, but I was able to talk them out of it.  I
have a very sore left knee and right foot, but I'll mend.

It was neat/cool to be able to text my daughter, Lynden, while on the train,
using my Samsung Haven!

Thanks to everyone who made the convention such a success!  The speakers
were all interesting and we had a fun time.  I'm sorry some people couldn't
be with us this year.
Thanks
Lauren