[nfbwatlk] Fw: Weekly Tip

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat May 15 03:06:04 UTC 2010

Race for Independence----- Original Message -----
From: Imagination Fund Race for Independence
To: k7uij at panix.com
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 11:43 AM
Subject: Weekly Tip

            Dear colleagues:

            Your tip for this week is simple.  Please delete this first paragraph (as well as my signature block at the end) and send the letter I have pasted below to all of the people in your address book, using your participant center.  Feel free to customize it if you like.

            Dear Friend:

            I am participating in the 2010 National Federation of the Blind Race for Independence, and I need your help.  Did you ever think a blind person could drive a car without sighted assistance?  During 2010, we are building a car that I will be able to drive.  Don't worry, you won't see me on the road just yet.  But I do want to emphasize the urgent need to make technology accessible to the average blind user and prove how easy it is to do it if we try.

            While our progress through the decades has been tremendous, I have been thinking about what life will be like for blind people in the future.  Will blind people live in a world of opportunity?  If I do nothing, less than half of all of the blind children attending school in the United States today will earn a diploma.  Fewer than three in ten will get a job, and only one in ten blind children will even be able to read when he or she grows up.

            This is why I am writing to you.  I too am making a donation, as I would not ask you to do what I am not willing to do myself.

            Please use the link below to visit my participant page and make a donation to support my efforts.

            Sincerely,

            Parnell Diggs, Chairman

            National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund

            Unsubscribe  |   Update Preferences  |   Visit Our Web Site  |   Tell-A-Friend

            200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230
            410-659-9314

nonprofit software