[nfbwatlk] Fw: Weekly tip

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat May 8 17:47:02 UTC 2010

Race for Independence----- Original Message -----
From: Imagination Fund Race for Independence
To: k7uij at panix.com
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:33 AM
Subject: Weekly tip

            Recently, Pam Allen was telling me how she talked with her banker last year about the Imagination Fund and received $500 for her efforts.  We should all use this example and talk with our bankers in the coming week to solicit a contribution for the Race for Independence.

            Very often, people that we patronize are willing to grant small favors to us in order to keep our business in the future.  Let's take advantage of this fact in the coming week.

            Walk in to your local branch and ask to speak to someone about your account. This will give you a chance to talk with someone more extensively than would be possible at the counter or drive-thru window.  Once you are seated, point out that you have an account there and that you are raising money for the Race for Independence.  Be sure to indicate how you would like the bank to make a donation to support your efforts.

            If possible, please do this next week and see if you can achieve a favorable result.  I would love to know how you fare in this endeavor, so please e-mail me and tell me about it at pdiggs at nfb.org.  Finally, remember that we have solicitation cards available upon request for you to give to people.  I look forward to hearing about your progress in the coming week.

            Let's race!

            Parnell Diggs, Chairman
            National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund

            Unsubscribe  |   Update Preferences  |   Visit Our Web Site  |   Tell-A-Friend

            200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230
            410-659-9314

nonprofit software