[nfbwatlk] Youth Program

dmackenstadt at comcast.net dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 18:57:59 UTC 2010

Keys to the Future is a youth strand which will coincide with the Family and Educator Conference. Mike Mello has agreed along with Garrick Scott, from Georgia, to work with blind youth ages 14 to 21. They are putting together a number of activities which will hopefully encourage blind youth to work toward independence and self confidence. We are in need of at 6 people who will act as mentors and help Mike and Garrick. If you do not know him Garrick is the coordinator of the Georgia Affiliate Mentoring Project. He is enthusiastic and a works well with blind youth. We are fortunate to have his expertise. If you know of any blind youth who would be interested in this event or you want to refer names to use please do so to dmackenstadt at comcast.net or (206)419-9555. The conference is being funded through our Imagination Grant. I look forward to hearing from you.

Denise Mackenstadt