[nfbwatlk] Family Conference

dmackenstadt at comcast.net dmackenstadt at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 18:56:43 UTC 2010

Empowerment Through literacy is a conference for parents and educators of blind students. The NFB of Wa is sponsoring this conference. We are in need of participants from the affiliate. The theme is for educators and parents to collaborate with the larger blind community. We have a dynamic agenda which includes our national Vice-president, Fred Schroeder and the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children President, Carol Castellano. The conference is being held at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Everett, Wa. For members the luncheon and registration is $25. Please send your registration information and money to the NFB of WA, P.O. Box 2516, Seattle, WA 98111 or email me for any further information at dmackenstadt at comcast.net . It is important for educators and parents to know and have contact with adult blind people. We give a positive attitude about the future of these children. We offer a picture of what their lives can look like if given the tools and opportunities which all blind children deserve. Thanks for your help

Denise Mackenstadt