[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Elections Results

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:17:16 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Well, yesterday at the Seattle Chapter meeting, we had a great time.
We discussed state and national legislation issues, what is happening
with the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library and touched on a
few other topics. We had a good turnout of members and Mike Freeman
was also able to attend the meeting. At the end of the meeting, we had
our annual elections which had been delayed by a month. The new
Seattle Chapter board looks like this:

President, Mike Mello
1rst VP: Rita Szantay
2nd VP: Noel Nightingale
Treasurer: Doug Johnson
Secretary: Kay Burrows
Board Member #1: Kris Colcock
Board Member #2: James Jenney

Congratulations to all. I thank the Seattle Chapter  for the
recognition for past service. I have had a wonderful time serving as
the President of the Seattle Chapter. The organization has helped me
understand the importance of quality leadership, how to be an
effective leader (and that we never stop learning how to improve these
skills), the importance of the blind speaking and standing up for
themselves and the true and deep friendships that I have. I know that
Mike Mello will be a good leader for the Seattle Chapter. He has
experience as a chapter president and has the energy and excitement
that we need as a chapter. I look forward to serving on the Seattle
Chapter board under Mike's leadership. This should prove to be an
exciting new year for the Greater Seattle Chapter of the NFBW.

Kris Colcock
Board Member, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter <grin>