[nfbwatlk] February 1 Hearing

Wed Feb 3 22:28:51 UTC 2010

Alco and All,

Actually, the hearing was on February 2, but who's counting anyway.
Glad to see you there.  I think everyone did a great job as well,
whether you testified or not.  The proper decorum was in place at all
times, and our experience at these things sure came through to the
uninitiated. While your news has been confirmed on a couple of levels, I
think we should still be watchful, and we shouldn't hesitate to
periodically remind our representatives that we're here and watching.

In addition, I think a few more letters to the governor's office would
help to show that we should be consulted in future proposals that affect
the blind.

If we can hold our ground on WSSB, and make sure of funding for WTBBL,
we'll have done a lot in this short session that is slashing at every
turn.

Keep on keeping on folks.

By the way, I will be hosting an open mic talk show on the radio reading
service tonight beginning at 6:00.  It is an hour, and anyone and all
should call in to help move the hour along.  You can hear the show
on-line at www.wtbbl.org.  You can call in even if you aren't listening
at (206) 615-0414, or toll free within the State at (800) 542-0866, and
press (5) at the menu. Perhaps we'll hear from our contingent now in
Washington, D.C. at our Washington seminar.

Nice job so far everyone, and now we can truly say that yesterday was  a
watershed day.

/s/

Bennett Prows