[nfbwatlk] Reminder for Seattle Chapter Meeting

Kristina Lawrence tishgifts at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:26:32 UTC 2009

Hello All,

Just a quick reminder that this Saturday the 15th of May is our
monthly chapter meeting. Please come to the downtown YMCA, 909 4th St
between Madison and Marion at 10:00am. We will have a great time this
month.

First, it is our members turn to shine. Bring your favorite piece of
portable technology to share with others. Mike Mello will be
coordinating the effort at the meeting. If you have any questions, you
can call his cell phone at 208-301-0565 if you have any questions. We
will also have Marci Carpenter demonstrating the Newsline over the
phone. Someone will show off the new Newslineonline if we can get
wireless going.

We will also have the raffle tickets for the Braille Coins available.
It is important for these to be sold ASAP. Our drawing will be held at
the June meeting! You do not need to be present to win, but if you are
present, then you get an added bonus. Also, the person selling the
winning ticket will receive a $10 coffee card from Starbucks.

We will also hear from Dr. Marc Maurer as the National Convention
approaches, many announcements will be give over the Presidential
Release. And we have our own chapter drawing of $10 this month. If
your dues are paid up, you are in a drawing for a cash door prize at
the end of the meeting. Last onth, Doug Johnson was called, but he was
on a cruise through the Panama Canal if I remember right. SO he did
not get the $5 and this month the drawing is worth $10. Be there or
next month's drawing will be for $15!

I look forward to seeing everyone there. So much to share and so much
to talk about. You don't want to miss it. Bring a friend and introduce
them to the NFBW Seattle Chapter.

See you on Saturday!

Kris Colcock
President, NFBW Greater Seattle Chapter