[nfbwatlk] Fw: Greetings from The Career Action Center w/Events and JOBS!!
lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 22:53:03 UTC 2009
----- Original Message -----
From: crista.shaw at edcc.edu
To: lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:59 PM
Subject: Greetings from The Career Action Center w/Events and JOBS!!
Greetings from The Career Action Center with events, and jobs:
TOMORROW! SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH:
Free Hands-on Composite Workshop Saturday February 28th 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monroe Hall (6606 196th St. SW Lynnwood, WA 98036)
Participants will learn how to create a small part using carbon fiber composite materials, and how to create and cast another small part using chocolate. This workshop is intended for students and adults of high school age students or adults interested in this exciting industry!
Ross Monroe Materials Science Instructor Edmonds Community College
ross.monroe at edcc.edu 425-640-1944
MONDAY! MARCH 2ND:
CAREER FAIR at the Hilton Bellevue
100 112th Avenue NE Bellevue, WA
Time: 11am to 2:00pm
For more info go to: go2worksource.com
Select: Job Fairs
THURSDAY, MARCH 5TH: Paralegal Resume Critique at Edmonds CC
Time: 1pm-3pm Snoqualmie Hall Room 214
Time: 4pm-6pm Mountlake Terrace Hall Room 229
For Information Call: The Career Action Center: (425) 640-1256
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11TH: Northwest Hospital Hospital Recruitment on Campus
Time: 3pm to 5pm Watch for next week's email for location on EdCC campus.
1. PORT OF SEATTLE
SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH A VETERAN?WHO departed/retired/separated within the last 6 months from the military:
Veterans Fellowship Training ? with the Port of Seattle ? check this out:Veterans Fellowship Program: The program is available for any and all Veterans departing/retiring/separating from the military within the last 6 months. It is a paid fellowship and we also cover benefits (medical, dental and vision) and we cover the benefits of their qualified dependents as well!
Veterans interested in the program can apply online between NOW through March 20th , below is the link. On the website, when candidates click on their role of interest, the job description pops up as well as instructions on how to apply at the bottom of each job description. Rate-of-pay is mentioned for each position and you will see that the wages are very generous:
Also check out recent FT positions and college internships that are SEPARATE from the Veterans Fellowship Program. Below is the link to current Employment Opportunities:
DO YOU HAVE SKILLS IN: Accounting? / Civil Engineering? / Environmental? - Paid Internships with the Port are open ? apply quickly: http://www.portseattle.org/about/employment/currentopenings.shtml
2. Have skills in business marketing/fund raising? The Atlantic Street Center in Seattle which serves individuals and families at risk, or homeless is seeking a Development Director. Help this worthy organization keep their doors open: Check out their website at: http://www.atlanticstreet.org
3. Software and Testing Experience? Populus Group is seeking your skills. Email your resume for a pre-screen to: Crista.shaw at edcc.edu
4. Skills in Mental Health Evaluation? Are you a skilled in performing Psychological Evaluations? King County Public Health is seeking individuals with these qualifications. Please email Crista.shaw at edcc.edu to learn more about this, and a connection to the HR Recruiter.
5. Need an entry-level job? Alderwood Wastewater Treatment has a job for a Meter Reader, requiring a H.S. Diploma and good driving record ? apply quicky. Go to the website and read the description and how to apply at: http://www.alderwoodwater.com
6. Are you a CIT Graduate from Edmonds? Construction Industry Trades skills will qualify you for this position: Alderwood Wastewater Treatment has another opportunity for: Utility Maintenance Worker. Your CIT skills could work well with this position:
A valid Washington Driver's License (WDL), flagger certification, and industrial first aid card are required for this position. A high school diploma (or GED) is required.
Experience in cleaning and maintaining offices, facilities, and grounds combined with a expertise operating a variety of hand and power tools is preferred.
TO APPLY: Go to the website ad read the description and how to apply at: http://www.alderwoodwater.com
8. Do you have skills in: IT? Legal? Client Services in Healthcare? Supervision? Accounting? Paramedic Trainee? Engineering? Driving a Bus? : King County has 75 open jobs right now?and they are open, and being filled. Read where you fit into King County's hiring today at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs.aspx
9. Do you have a business license, are a Native American, and wish to get connected to Government Contracts? Call: Daucey Brewington at (206) 213-0348 to get assistance to make your business grow. We Daucey this week...his services are free, and this would be an excellent contact for you if you are a Native American with a business license, ready to go forward.
Have a wonderful weekend?and stop by The Career Action Center Room 130 to ask for help in applying for any of the positions in this email. Questions: (425) 640-1256
Copyright © Two Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA 02109
More information about the NFBWATlk