[nfbwatlk] Fw: NFB - Committee on Automobile and Pedestrian Safety(CAPS)

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Nov 22 03:55:04 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Bashin" <bashin at calweb.com>
To: "NFBC Info at NFBNet" <nfbc-info at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 9:12 AM
Subject: [Nfbc-info] NFB - Committee on Automobile and Pedestrian
Safety(CAPS)

Hi folks,

There has been a lot of interest in where members can find resources
about the silent car problem in order to get their members of
Congress to sign onto our bill, HR 5734.

Below please find a link to the special web page the NFB Silent Cars
committee has established.  The page has many dozen articles, videos
and radio interviews about the problem, really a teriffic source of
background information for any legislator.  You can play some of the
radio pieces right in a member's office, or cut and paste some
appropriate articles into an email when you're seeking an
appointment.  Many of the links of this national page are from
California media, which would be most impressive to a California
representative.

Remember, folks, we have just 10 of California's 53 members of
Congress signed up so far.  Please in the next few weeks see if we
can help push the total number of co-sponsors of HR 5734 to 100
nationally.  We can really make a difference on this issue in the
upcoming legislative session.

Best,

Bryan Bashin
.nfb.org/