[nfbwatlk] Student Division

Nfbnorthwest at aol.com Nfbnorthwest at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 12:38:37 UTC 2008

Hello:

I am very disappointed about the lack of interest in the Student Division.
The convention was a good experience; however it could have been done better.

I appeal to all officeers in this division  to recommit themselves to  this
division. I appeal to all students also. I think it is a disserve to our
membership when we don't even show up to elect officers or even to commit
ourselves to even talking on the phone.

Jennifer "Jedi" Moerke has worked tirelessly on all our belf. I thank her
for her dedication. Everyone knows where respnsibility lies. I will not allow
this division to fold up like a house of cards. This dision as well as the
Bellingham chapter and this affiliate are far too important.

We in WA are as strong or as weak as we wish. Fund raising needs to be  taken
seriously if this afiliate is to survive. No one seems to care about this
issue either.

Jedi is very upset and frustrated at the NFB of WA; I share her  frustration.
I share her dedication and commitment. We can't do this alone.

I renew my commitment to this affiliate, the Student Division & the  CFB.

I will do whatever it takes to keep things going.

We need you to help.

Lisa A. Owen
Treasurer Officer & Fund Raising Chair
The Northwest Chapter