[Nfbnet-members-list] Sports and Rec at #NFB21

Jessica Beecham jbbeecham at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 03:20:09 UTC 2021

The NFB Sports and Rec Division is pumped about
#nfb21 and we want you stay connected with us throughout the convention!

Join Our FaceBook Group

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/176619816827189/?ref=share>https://www.facebook.com/groups/176619816827189/?ref=share

Participate in the #nfbmove21 challenge and earn
entries in your chance to win one of 3 75.00 Amazon gift cards

Rules:
Make a post about your movement or a positive
nutrition choice each day using #nfbmove21 to earn one  drawing entry

Add a described  picture to your post for an additional entry

Add a video of a described workout, cooking
video, or any other video tool that would be
helpful to our members to earn 2 additional entries.

If you do each of these things, you would be
eligible for 4 drawing entries each day

Don’t forget to use #nfbmove21

Enter our step contest
$5.00 entry fee
Sign up at

<https://py.pl/5W08pwiIOV8>https://py.pl/5W08pwiIOV8

Email your weekly step count to
kevinkovacs627 at gmail.com by noon on Saturday July 10th

Include your name
Phone
Email
Weekly step count from Tuesday, June 6 through
Saturday, June 10 12:00pm eastern
Device or method used to measure steps

Note: if your step count is abnormally high we
reserve the right to ask for a screen shot from
an app, a picture of the face of the measurement
device, etc in order to validate your numbers.

Prizes and bragging g rights go to the top 3 winners.

Because people use a variety of mechanisms to
count steps this contest is based on the honors system.

Prizes and winners will be announced on FaceBook Saturday evening.

Join our division! $5.00

<https://py.pl/1bDxCM>https://py.pl/1bDxCM

Join the Sports and Rec Division to have voting
rights and to stay up to date on our happenings throughout the year.

Come to our Division Meeting

National Federation of the Blind

Sports and Recreation Division

Thursday, July 8th

1:00pm-5:00pm

<https://zoom.us/j/96933768719>https://zoom.us/j/96933768719

Meeting ID: 969 3376 8719

1:00-1:05 – <Welcome and Introduction

1:05-1:30 – Road to Tokyo, preparing for the Paralympics

​Tyler Merren

1:30-2:10 – Round Table Discussion: What Works for You?

​Participants will have a chance to share
exercise and nutrition tips, and ideas about how
to do certain activities as a blind person.

Fit Break

2:15-2:35 – Strove4You

​Christy and Ricky Jones

2:35-3:05 – Challenge Recreation at NFB Training Centers

​Maureen Nietfeld

​Roland Allen

​Kyle Hannamen

3:05-3:35 – Climbing Kilimanjaro