[Nfbnet-members-list] Support the Federation on #GivingTuesday

Mark Riccobono outreach at nfb.org
Mon Nov 30 18:30:02 UTC 2020

 		 [1]

SUPPORT THE FEDERATION AND DOUBLE YOUR DOLLARS ON #GIVINGTUESDAY

We continue to be grateful for the support of our members who help the
National Federation of the Blind make a positive impact on the lives of
blind people of all ages across the country. Please help continue our work
[2] by participating in #GivingTuesday, which is coming up on December 1.

All gifts make a difference and your support makes the Federation stronger.
This year, your dollars will be doubled thanks to a matching gift from
Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand and the maker of JAWS for Windows.

I want to share a few recent examples of the effect that NFB programs and
our network of mentors have on the lives of blind people. These are just
two of the hundreds of powerful testimonials we have received in the past
few months:

> "Many of our blind in Hawaii are alone. With our virtual outreach, we are
> finding new and old friends offering important human connection,
> blindness mentoring, education, and COVID-19 resources. Blind students
> from the Federation sponsor weekly game nights for all ages. Blind people
> across the country are grateful for virtual meetings and the ability to
> access NFB resources."
>
> "THANK YOU so much for making BELL the successful program that it is,
> especially in this otherwise crazy year. The NFB makes such a difference.
> The sense of community and belonging for our son during such a crazy time
> was awesome. During a time of social distancing and more separation than
> any of us want from our everyday sources of connection and community, we
> appreciated that the NFB family is still standing strong around our son
> and supporting kids in this new virtual reality."

HELP US CONTINUE TO CONNECT AND PROTECT BLIND PEOPLE, AND SO MUCH MORE.
CONTRIBUTE ON #GIVINGTUESDAY BY:

 	* Giving online at nfb.org/donate [2]
 	* Calling 410-659-9314, extension 2282 to give with a credit card
 	* Sharing the NFB's #GivingTuesday post on Facebook [3]; Facebook is
matching contributions Tuesday, December 1.

Please feel free to reach out to me personally or to Patti Chang, our
director of outreach, at 410-659-9314, extension 2422, or pchang at nfb.org.

Thank you for helping blind people live the lives we want.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Riccobono, President
 National Federation of the Blind

 		 [4]
 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]

 		 [8]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [9] | Opt Out [10] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [11]

 		 Charter College of Education, KHD2069
Los Angeles, 90032-8140
..

Links: