[Nfbnet-members-list] Totally blind adults needed for research study on online apparel shopping

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Mon Nov 9 16:30:05 UTC 2020

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Hello,

My name is J’den Williams, a doctoral student studying in the Wilson College of Textiles at North Carolina State University. I enjoy improving online shopping experiences for all customers and over the summer I realized that I wanted to help shoppers with total blindness have a better online purchasing experience. I’m currently doing research on this topic and would like to invite you to participate.

To participate in this study, you must be 18 years old or older, live in the United States, identify as a person with total blindness, have shopped for one or more clothing items online in the past 12 months, and agree to have an audio recorded conversation with me.

If you choose to participate, you will do a 30-45 minute personal Zoom interview where I will ask you questions about yourself and your previous online shopping experiences. This conversation will be audio recorded for research purposes so that I make sure that I catch everything you say. Only I will listen to the recording and once it’s transcribed, you will be sent your interview documents via North Carolina State’s Google Drive for your review. Once you inform me that you have read through your interview documents and deem them appropriate, I will securely delete the recording.

After you deem your interview documents appropriate you will receive a $25 Amazon E-Gift Card to your email address.

This research is minimal risk and there is no benefit to you if you participate, though I hope that the information that is shared with me will help others learn how create a better online shopping experience for individuals with total blindness.

If you want to participate in this research, please click here<https://ncsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_exIYEUOaH8W7zKt> to access the consent form online and to let me know your interview availability.

If you do not want to participate in this research, but know someone who might want to, please feel free to forward them this email.

If you have questions about this research, you can contact me at jbwilli9 at ncsu.edu<mailto:jbwilli9 at ncsu.edu>. You can also contact my faculty advisor, Dr. Lori Rothenberg, at lfrothen at ncsu.edu<mailto:lfrothen at ncsu.edu>.

Thank you,
J’den Williams

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

Disclaimer