[Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for study on how blind and low-vision people perform collaborative writing and editing

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Mar 17 21:19:52 UTC 2020

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Researchers at Northwestern University are conducting a study on how people with vision impairments perform collaborative writing and editing. We are recruiting participants who are age 18 or over, speak English, have a visual impairment, and perform writing or editing activities on a computer using screen readers and applications like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.

Eligible participants are invited to participate in an audio-recorded study about how you perform creative activities. The study will take place remotely via phone or video calling software (e.g., BlueJeans, Zoom) whichever you prefer. We will invite you to interact with the prototype of an application we have developed for collaborative writing. You will be asked to engage with this technology through a series of tasks. The researchers will ask you questions about your experience as you complete the tasks. We may also ask you questions about your work and the tools you currently use.

The technology testing session will last for approximately 90 minutes. Participants will be compensated with $60 Amazon or Visa gift card upon completion of the session.
If you are interested in participating in this research, please email maitraye at u.northwestern.edu. Alternatively, you may call (847) 316-1172.
Best,
Maitraye Das
PhD Student, Technology and Social Behavior
Northwestern University
Principal Investigator:
Anne Marie Piper
Department of Communication Studies
Northwestern University
Email: ampiper at northwestern.edu<mailto:ampiper at northwestern.edu>
Phone: 847-467-4198

Study Name: Content Production Tools for People with Vision Impairments
IRB Study Number: STU00210258

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube] <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Disclaimer